For a long time, I wanted to try this dessert, but was always afraid that it wont come out nice. At last, I gave it a go....and yes!!! it came out awesome. The only thing is that we should be very quick while frying.
Hot crunchy outer covering with soft, creamy, cold lava oozing out from inside
- Take a bowl and mix maida and water to make a thick consistency batter. Keep this aside.
In a plate, spread the crushed cornflakes. Keep this aside.
- Take the scoops of ice cream one at a time, out of the freezer and dip it nicely in the maida batter.
- Roll it in the crushed cornflakes nicely and place them back in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in the kadai and put the coated scooped ice cream (which we had kept in the freezer) one at a time.
- When the outer covering changes its colour, carefully take off from heat and directly serve it.
- Drizzle some honey or chocolate sauce on top of the fried ice cream.